Free and easy accounting software
- Free to use
- Uses Windows Explorer style interface
- Handles many types of transactions
- Bank link up facility could be unsafe
- Not suitable for large organisations
Finance Explorer is a simple program for those that want to take control of their own domestic accounting.
It's ideal for small businesses or freelancers and best of all, it's totally free. It can even handle stock updates directly from the web so you can use it as a budget tracker and investment tool too. There's an online tutorial to get you going which is very useful to start with. This is a program with no bells and whistles attached - it's very straightforward following Windows Explorer style. It's been designed to make accounting as easy as possible which means it can even download transaction from your bank directly although I would neither trust it doing this or could work out exactly how this could be done. The program is useful for it's categorisation of spending too so you can see exactly where your money is going every week. This includes credit spending, loans, debts, debit accounts, shares, savings accounts etc. If you're a fan of MS Money, the program can also export accounting sheets and files to OFX format so it can be used inside MS Money too.
Nothing fancy but for those that have been thinking it's time to get a grip on their spending, they could do a lot worse than Finance Explorer.
- Improved The home view now shows stock quotes as well. Fixed Issue with copying budget categories that contained quotes. Error that could occur when navigating using the tree. Changed Support for Windows 95 has been discontinued Errors are now handled better. An appropriate message is given.